- The Krewe of Pontchartrain parade will start at the intersection of Napoleon Avenue and Prytania St..
- The parade will proceed north until St. Charles Avenue, where the krewe will turn east (right).
- The Krewe of Pontchartrain will follow St. Charles all the way to Lee Circle, around the circle and back on St. Charles northward to Canal Street.
- At Canal, the parade will turn right and will follow Canal to the intersection of Tchoupitoulas and Canal Street, where the parade will turn south (right).
- The krewe will continue down Tchoupitoulas until it reaches Poydras Ave, where it will end.
Pontchartrain rolls on the first Saturday of the official New Orleans Mardi Gras season with some of Mardi Gras’ most memorable floats, such as “Mr. Mudbug” (the world’s largest crawfish) and a giant fish dubbed “The Super Grouper.” Organized in 1975 and named after Lake Pontchartrain, this fun krewe includes both men and women riders. Past grand marshals have included Allen Toussaint, Red Buttons, Bart Simpson, Irma Thomas, Jim Henderson, and Becky Allen.
Along with the parade, the Pontchartrain experience also includes the Coronation ball, a celebration luncheon at Galatoire’s, a second line parade on Bourbon Street, a Balcony Party at Johnny White's Bar, and a Captain's Coffee.
- Year founded: 1976
- Membership: 400 males and female riders
- Number of floats: 17 floats