- The Krewe of Freret parade will start at the intersection of Napoleon Avenue and Tchoupitoulas Street in New Orleans.
- The parade will proceed north until St. Charles Avenue, where the krewe will turn east (right).
- The Krewe of Freret will follow St. Charles all the way to Lee Circle, around the circle and back on St. Charles northward to Canal Street.
- At Canal, the parade will turn right and follow Canal to the intersection of Tchoupitoulas and Canal Street.
- The parade turns right on Tchoupitoulas and ends at Poydras St.
New this year! 2023 Theme: "Let the Band Play On"
The Krewe of Freret paraded for more than 40 years until the mid-1990s. In 2011, the resurgence of the krewe began with seven Loyola graduates who wanted to unify enthusiastic young professionals and infuse vigor into Carnival while revitalizing the Freret corridor.
Today, the co-ed Krewe of Freret is known for its penchant for locally produced throws, including hand-decorated masks the members create themselves.
Every year, Krewe of Freret royalty is crowned at a public coronation ceremony held at Royal Street and Elysian Fields Avenue immediately preceding Krewe du Vieux and Krewe Delusion. Other events include a Black-Tie Ball with popular local performers. Ticket sales benefit the Son of a Saint organization.
- Year founded: 2014
- Membership: 500 male and female riders
- Number of floats: 18 floats + 3 superfloats
- Signature throw: handcrafted masks
Floats by Kern Studios »