- The Krewe of Push Mow begins at the Abita Springs Middle School on Main street.
- The Parade rolls east down Main Street, then takes a right onto Pine.
- After a block, the procession turns right onto Level St.
- The krewe continues down Level street, and makes a right turn before Abita Springs Cafe.
- When the parade returns to Main Street, it makes a left turn and continues back to the school.
The family-friendly Krewe of Push Mow was founded by a group of artists in Abita Springs on New Orleans’ North Shore (they got a kick out of the idea of people pushing decorated lawn mowers in a parade ). This creative krewe celebrates Carnival with original themes, comedic floats, marching groups and one-of-a-kind costumes.
The mayor traditionally toasts the royalty at Town Hall. Everyone is encouraged to costume and kids 12 and under can win prizes for their costumes at the down-home Party in the Park. Beer, food, and soft drinks are available for purchase and live music is performed on the Abita Beer Stage.
The parade is produced by the Abita Springs Trailhead Museum and Town of Abita Springs.