- The Krewe of Push Mow begins at the Abita Springs Recreation District 11.
- The Parade travels north on Danny Park to Pine St and then west on Level.
- The krewe continues down Level street, and makes a right turn before Abita Springs Cafe.
- The parade rolls north on Hickory St. then east on Main St.
- The parade travels back south on Pine St and finishes at Danny Park.
The family-friendly Krewe of Push Mow was founded by a group of artists in Abita Springs on New Orleans’ North Shore (they got a kick out of the idea of people pushing decorated lawn mowers in a parade ). This creative krewe celebrates Carnival with original themes, comedic floats, marching groups and one-of-a-kind costumes.
The mayor traditionally toasts the royalty at Town Hall. Everyone is encouraged to costume and kids 12 and under can win prizes for their costumes at the down-home Party in the Park. Beer, food, and soft drinks are available for purchase and live music is performed on the Abita Beer Stage.
The parade is produced by the Town of Abita Springs.