- The Krewe of Tucks parade will start at the intersection of Napoleon Avenue and Prytania Street in New Orleans.
- The parade will proceed north until St. Charles Street, where the krewe will turn east (right).
- The Krewe of Tucks will follow St. Charles all the way to Lee Circle, around the circle and back on St. Charles northward to Canal Street.
- At Canal, the parade will turn east (right) and proceed to the corner of Magazine St. and Canal St. where the parade ends.
The Krewe of Tucks began in 1969 as a group of Loyola University students. The name "Krewe of Tucks" comes from the name of the now non-existent Uptown pub where two college students decided to start their own krewe after failing at their attempt to become white flambeaux carriers. Friar Tucks is no longer in business, but the parade rolls on.
The Tucks parade has grown immensely over the years. Originally it was a nighttime parade of pick-up trucks. They changed to a daytime parade in 1983 and joined the traditional Uptown to Downtown route in 1986.
While the group has grown, they make sure to never lose their sense of humor and maintains their “Animal House” reputation. Tucks is recognized for its irreverence and for its satirical floats, including the King's Throne (a giant toilet).
Past Krewe of Tucks kings include comedic actors John Candy and Eugene Levy.
- Year founded: 1969
- Membership: 1800 male and female riders
- Number of floats: 36 super sized floats
- Signature throw: hand decorated toilet brushes
Floats by Kern Studios »