- The Krewe of Endymion parade starts at the intersection of City Park Avenue and Orleans Avenue.
- From there they travel southeast down Orleans Avenue to the intersection with N. Carrollton Avenue.
- They take a right onto Carrollton and continue until it intersects with Canal Street.
- The Krewe then takes a left and travels down Canal Street through Mid City until they reach Elk.
- At At Elk they continue onto Loyola and take a right onto Girod St.
- Continuing down Elk until reaching the Caesars Superdome where it finishes.
Endymion, a figure from Greek mythology, was a mortal granted eternal youth by Zeus, at the request of the Moon Goddess who loved him for his beauty. It is also the name of one of Carnival's largest parade with 3,200 riders and 81 floats.
Founded in 1967, Endymion emerged as one of Carnival's 'Super-Krewes' in 1974 when it added more floats and celebrity guests. Endymion is so popular that those in the know begin saving their viewing spots in the early morning hours, even though the parade doesn't start until evening.
The Krewe of Endymion is host to Samedi Gras, the greatest block party on earth. drawing 30,000+ from Mid-City neighborhoods to help kick off Endymion. The krewe's motto is "Throw 'til it Hurts." They estimate that they toss more than 15 million throws along the parade route which ends with a ride through the Mercedes Benz Superdome for the Endymion Extravaganza.
In recent years, Celebrity Grand Marshalls have included Anderson Cooper, Kelly Ripa, Maroon 5, Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Luke Bryan, Steven Tyler, Pitbull, KC and the Sunshine Band, Kiss and Flo-Rida.
- Year founded: 1967
- Membership: 3200 male riders
- Number of floats: 37 floats (many tandem)
Floats by Kern Studios »