- The Krewe of Selene parade begins at the intersection of Spartan Drive and Highway 11.
- It follows Highway 11 until the intersection with Highway 190 (Gause), where they take a right.
- They follow Highway 190 (Gause) until reaching their conclusion at the intersection of Corporate Square Drive (Rouses).
New this year! 2023 Theme: "25 Years of Empowering Women"
The Krewe of Selene parades in Slidell on the Friday night before Mardi Gras. It was founded in 1998 by a group of local professional women. They’ve grown over the years to include 300 members. Past throws have included and-made elaborately decorated purses, star light-up wands and a variety of specialty beads.
Named after the Greek goddess of the moon from mythology, Selene was the companion to Endymion, the god of wine and merriment.
The krewe gives back to the community in many ways, including a school supply drive, a food drive, Project Christmas and the Krewe of Selene's very own Fight Cancer Float bead drive.
- Year founded: 1998
- Membership: 300 female riders
- Number of floats: 17 floats
- Signature throw: handmade decorated purses