- The Krewe of Argus parade will begin at the intersection of Veterans Boulevard and Houma Boulevard.
- The parade will first go west (left) and will make the U turn just before Clearview Parkway and then continues east on Veterans Memorial Boulevard until it reaches Severn Avenue, where it will turn north (left).
- The Krewe of Argus will travel up Severn to the intersection of Severn and 18th Street, where the parade will turn around and head south.
- At Veterans Memorial Boulevard, the parade will once more turn east (left).
- The parade will follow Veterans all the way to Bonnabel Boulevard, where the parade will turn turn north once again.
- At the intersection of Bonnabel and Feronia Street, the krewe will turn around and head south to Veterans once more.
- On the final leg of the parade route, the krewe will travel east to the intersection of Veterans and Martin Behrman Avenue, where the parde will end.
The Krewe of Argus, founded in 1972, includes 450 male, female and child riders. Over a million revelers looking for family-oriented parades flock to the Veterans Memorial Parade Route in Metairie on Mardi Gras Day to see Argus' spectacular floats, marching bands and guest celebrities.
To lovers of Mardi Gras in Jefferson Parish, King Argus Is as revered as King Zulu and Rex are in New Orleans. Over the years, Argus has wowed the crowd with special floats such as "George Rodrigues Blue Dog." The throw? Stuffed Blue Dogs, of course!
In Greek Mythology, Argus was an all-seeing God with one hundred eyes. Because Argus saw Zeus cheating on Hera, Hermes was ordered to cut off Argus' head. Hera, aware of the plot, took Argus' eyes and put them on the tail of her peacock. That's why the krewe logo features a peacock today.
In its early years, Argus empresses included stars like Barbara Eden, Phyllis Dlller and Shirley Jones. In 1985, the male and female membership began a new custom of choosing Kings and Queens from its own membership.
- Year founded: 1972
- Membership: 400 male and female riders (families)
- Number of floats: 25 floats