PLEASE NOTE: There will be no New Orleans parades in 2021 due to Covid.
- The Krewe of Nefertiti parade will start at the intersection of Bullard Avenue and Lake Forest Blvd. in New Orleans East.
- The parade will proceed West along Lake Forest Drive until Read Blvd., where the krewe will turn south(left).
- The Krewe of Nefertiti will follow Read Blvd. south until Chef Menteaur Hwy, where the parade will loop back up (north).
- The krewe will follow Read back up about until shortly past Dwyer Road where the parade will end.
The Krewe of Nefertiti was established in 2018 as an all-female social aid and pleasure club. The women believe in “cultivating the community through volunteer service, fundraising and celebration. Their motto is: “We serve before they roll.” They will parade for the first time in 2020 in East New Orleans.
The Krewe is named after the ancient Egyptian Queen Nefertiti who some believe ruled for a time after the death of her husband and before King Tut took the throne. A bust of Nefertiti now is one of the most copied works of ancient Egypt.
- Year founded: 2018
- Membership: 200 all-female krewe
- Number of floats: 14 floats
- Signature throw: A different jeweled item each year
- Motto: “We serve before we ride”