- The Krewe of Kings will begin at the intersection of Woodlawn Avenue and Eldorado Street.
- The parade will go east to Houma Boulevard, where it will turn north.
- At the intersection of Veterans Memorial Boulevard and Houma Boulevard, the parade will turn west.
- Before the Krewe of Kings reaches Clearview Parkway, the parade will turn around on Veterans and use the westbound lane to go east.
- The parade will continue east until it reaches Severn Avenue, where it will turn north.
- The krewe will travel up Severn to the intersection of Severn and 12th Street, where the parade will turn around and head south.
- At Veterans Memorial Boulevard, the parade will once more turn east.
- The parade will follow Veterans all the way to Bonnabel Boulevard, where the parade will turn turn north once again.
- At the intersection of Bonnabel and Feronia Street, the krewe will turn around and head south to Veterans once more.
- On the final leg of the parade route, the krewe will travel east to the intersection of Veterans the parde will end.
Check out Metairie's newest carnival organization! For its inaugural year, the Krewe of Kings theme is royalty. In the future, they might even venture into satirical themes.
The Krewe of Kings is organized by veteran float builder Mac Cantrell, Jr. The co-ed krewe has approximately 180 members and will roll with 17 floats. The krewe’s goal is to bring floats with more elaborate artwork to Metairie parade route.
Cantrell founded the Krewe of Thor in 1974 and served as its captain for four decades. Thor stopped paraded in Metairie after 2013.