PLEASE NOTE: There will be no New Orleans parades in 2021 due to Covid.
- The Krewe of Kings will use the Metairie Westbound route and begin at the intersection of Bonnabel Blvd. and Nero Street.
- The parade proceeds to Veterans Memorial Blvd. where it takes a right until it reaches Severn Ave.
- At Severn, the parade takes a right heading north to 17th St. where it makes a U-turn.
- The parade then comes back south on Severn til it gets to Veterans Memorial Blvd. and makes a right heading west.
- The parade continues on Veterans Memorial Blvd and turns left just prior to Clearview Parkway.
- The parade ends at Clearview Shopping Center, new location for Family Gras.
The Krewe of Kings is organized by veteran float builder Mac Cantrell, Jr. The co-ed krewe has approximately 350 members and will roll with 15 floats. The krewe’s goal is to bring floats with more elaborate artwork to Metairie parade route.
Cantrell founded the Krewe of Thor in 1974 and served as its captain for four decades. Thor stopped paraded in Metairie after 2013.
- Year founded: 2019
- Membership: 350 male and female riders
- Number of floats: 15 floats