- The Krewe of Centurions will use the Metairie Westbound route and begin at the intersection of Bonnabel Blvd. and Nero Street.
- The parade proceeds to Veterans Memorial Blvd. where it takes a right until it reaches Severn Ave.
- At Severn, the parade takes a right heading north to 17th St. where it makes a U-turn.
- The parade then comes back south on Severn til it gets to Veterans Memorial Blvd. and makes a right heading west.
- The parade continues on Veterans Memorial Blvd and turns left just prior to Clearview Parkway.
- The parade ends at Houma Blvd. near Clearview Shopping Center.
The 350+ co-ed Krewe of Centurions were named after legendary ancient Roman warriors who commanded “centuries” – companies of 100 men.
Founded in 1979 by businessmen from the Harahan – River Ridge area, the krewe paraded on Jefferson Highway for two years before moving to the Veterans Blvd. parade route in 1981.
The krewe is known for choosing themes that can be enjoyed by all age groups, and organizes family-oriented festivities throughout the year.
- Year founded: 1979
- Membership: 300 male and female riders
- Number of floats: 20 floats
- Signature throw: hand decorated swords