PLEASE NOTE: There will be no parades in Orleans parish in 2021
- The Krewe of Bacchus parade will start at the intersection of Tchoupitoulas Street and Napoleon Avenue in New Orleans.
- The parade will head along Napoleon Avenue north until St. Charles Avenue, where the parade will turn east (right).
- The Krewe of Bacchus will follow St. Charles all the way to Lee Circle, around the circle and back on St. Charles northward to Canal Street.
- At Canal, the parade turns right, heading southeast down Canal.
- At the intersection of Canal and Tchoupitoulas Street, the parade will turn south (right) down Tchoupitoulas.
- The krewe will proceed south to the intersection of Tchoupitoulas and Julia St., where the parade will turn left and proceed until it reaches Convention Center Blvd.
- At Convention Center Boulevard the parade will and turn right and proceed to the Convention Center at Henderson St.
Early in 1968, the Krewe of Bacchus broke with Carnival tradition by staging a Sunday night parade with bigger and more spectacular floats than anything previously seen in Carnival. They then decided to have a national celebrity king lead the parade, breaking ranks with 113 years of Carnival tradition. Founded by Owen “Pip” Brennan Jr, Bacchus set out to be the most innovative and imitate Krewe of the Century.
Now, with more than 1,600 members and 32 animated super-floats, the Krewe of Bacchus is revered as one of the most spectacular krewes in Carnival history. Some of the parade's super floats include the Bacchagator, Bacchasaurus, Bacchaneer, Kong Family, and Baccha-Whoppa. The Krewe of Bacchus holds its parade on the Sunday before Mardi Gras Day, drawing crowds of several hundred thousands every year. After travelling through the streets of New Orleans with its massive floats, marching bands, and ceremonial escort groups it ends up inside the Convention Center for their black-tie Rendezvous party of over 9,000 guests from all over the country.
Bacchus, the Greek god of wine, has been portrayed by celebrities including Bob Hope, Charlton Heston, William Shatner, Kirk Douglas, Dick Clark, Will Ferrell, Anthony Mackie, Hugh Laurie, Drew Brees and JK Simmons, just to name a few.
- Year founded: 1968
- Membership: 1600 male riders
- Number of floats: 32 floats