- The Krewe of Alla parade will start at the intersection of Napoleon Avenue and Tchoupitoulas Street in New Orleans.
- The parade will proceed north until St. Charles Avenue, where the krewe will turn east (right).
- Alla will follow St. Charles all the way to Lee Circle, around the circle and back on St. Charles northward to Canal Street.
- At Canal, the parade will proceed right until it reaches Tchoupitoulas Street, where it will turn south (right).
- The parade will end at the intersection of Tchoupitoulas Street and Poydras Street.
Two carnival clubs with histories steeped in military tradition honor the armed forces and first responders from across the country with this joint parade.
The Krewe of Alla is one of the oldest and most storied krewes in Carnival. Established in 1932 in the depths of the Great Depression in Algiers, La., Alla moved to the Uptown parade route in 2014. The krewe, now co-ed, has staged over 75 parades, including 11 river parades. Alla is known for bright floats, generous throws, and multiple bands and marching groups.
The Legion of Mars was founded by The Cincinnatus Club in 2013 by combat veterans to provide the citizens of New Orleans with a military-themed Mardi Gras krewe. The krewe participates in military-related philanthropy throughout the year. See Press Release
- Year founded: 1932
- Membership: 500 male and female members
- Number of floats: 22 floats
- Signature throw: hand decorated genie lamps