- The Krewe of Carrollton parade will start at the intersection of Magazine Street and Jefferson Avenue in New Orleans.
- They move east on Magazine Street until Napoleon Avenue, where they turn left.
- The parade will proceed north until St. Charles Avenue, where the krewe will turn right.
- They then follow St. Charles all the way to Lee Circle, around the circle and back on St. Charles northward to Canal Street.
- At Canal, the parade will turn right and continue until it reaches Tchoupitoulas Street, where it will turn right again.
- The parade will end at the intersection of Tchoupitoulas Street and Poydras Street.
The Krewe of Carrollton is the fourth oldest Carnival parading organization, behind Rex, Proteus, and Zulu. It was founded by a group of Oak Street businessmen in 1924 as "The Seventh District Carnival Club” and became the Krewe of Carrollton in 1947.
The Krewe made a lasting place for itself in Carnival history when in 1933 – the wettest season on record – Carrollton was the only daytime parade to roll that year. Not even Rex paraded. Nearly a decade later, however, a devastating den fire and the outbreak of World War II caused the krewe to temporarily disband. In 1947, the surviving members got back together and resumed their place in the Mardi Gras lineup.
Carrollton has more than 550 members and is known for throwing decorated shrimp boots, doubloons, specialty beads and cups.
The Krewe of Carrollton is known for innovation and sustainability as well. It was the first Krewe to utilize tractors in lieu of horse-drawn floats, the first krewe to install safety harnesses for its riders and to utilize large City of New Orleans refuse chassis as a base for its floats.
The krewe is also known for its by-invitation-only Mardi Gras Ball Masque which caters to nearly 1,000 friends and family each year; a feat that astounds krewe’s with larger memberships.
- Year founded: 1924
- Membership: 575 male riders
- Number of floats: 27 floats
- Signature throw: hand decorated shrimp boots