- The Krewe of Pandora will use the Metairie Westbound route and begin at the intersection of Bonnabel Blvd. and Nero Street.
- The parade proceeds to Veterans Memorial Blvd. where it takes a right until it reaches Severn Ave.
- At Severn, the parade takes a right heading north to 17th St. where it makes a U-turn.
- The parade then comes back south on Severn til it gets to Veterans Memorial Blvd. and makes a right heading west.
- The parade continues on Veterans Memorial Blvd and turns left just prior to Clearview Parkway where it makes a U turn..
- The parade ends at Houma Blvd. near Clearview Shopping Center.
Riding for the first time in 2016, The Krewe of Pandora are “the Jewels of Jefferson Parish Mardi Gras.”
In Greek mythology, Pandora was the first mortal women created by the Gods. From Aphrodite, she received unparalleled beauty, grace and desire. Hermes gave her a cunning, deceitful mind and a crafty tongue. Athena taught her to be deft with her hands. Poseidon gave her a pearl necklace that would prevent her from drowning. Apollo taught her to sing and play the lyre. Zeus gave her a foolish, mischievous and idle nature. From Hera, she received curiosity.
This hot, all-female krewe rolls on the traditional Metairie parade route. Their motto is "Party with Pandora!" The krewe’s colors are Tiffany blue and black and their signature throw is a hand-glittered box (Pandora’s box – get it?). Their mission is to cultivate friendships between women from all walks of life.