Since 2007, the Krewe of Boo has been the official Halloween Parade in New Orleans. The parade will roll at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 22, 2022, with Mardi Gras-style floats constructed by Kern Studios – America’s premier float-building organization – the folks who have been creating Mardi Gras magic since 1947.
Under the direction of Brian Kern, artists outdo themselves every year with 3-D paper mâché and fiberglass floats and props representing all your favorite ghouls. Halloween-themed throws include candy, plush toys and beads. Get ready to yell, “Throw me something, Monsta!”
The Parade Route
The Krewe of Boo parade route is as follows:
• Assemble at Elysian Fields Avenue
• Parade Down Elysian Fields Avenue to North Peters Street
• North Peters Street to Decatur Street
• Decatur Street past Jackson Square to North Peters Street
• North Peters Street to Canal Street
• Up Canal Street to Burgundy Street then U-turn
• Down Canal Street to Tchoupitoulas Street
• Tchoupitoulas Street to Andrew Higgins Drive
For more information, check out Krewe of Boo’s official website at www.kreweofboo.com. While there, check out and their gallery of pictures from previous parades.
Top two photos by Robert Proctor/Compucast
Float photo courtesy of Krewe of Boo