- The Krewe of Orpheus parade will start at the intersection of Napoleon Avenue and Tchoupitoulas Street in New Orleans.
- The parade will proceed north until St. Charles Street, where the krewe will turn east.
- The Krewe of Tucks will follow St. Charles all the way to Lee Circle, around the circle and back on St. Charles northward to Canal Street.
- At Canal, the parade will turn southeastward.
- The krewe will follow Canal to the intersection of Canal and Tchoupitoulas Street, where the parade will south.
- The Krewe of Orpheus will follow Tchoupitoulas to Caliope Street, where it will turn east and end at the Convention Center.
Founded in 1993, the Krewe of Orpheus takes its name from the musically-inclined son of Zeus and Calliope. Founding members included Harry Connick, both the junior and senior.
In New Orleans, the krewe established themselves as a superkrewe with their first parade in 1994, which rolled with 700 riders. They were the first super Krewe to allow both male and female riders.
The Krewe’s throws include a number of popular items including emblem beads, stuffed animals, signature beads, light-up Orpheus medallion beads, cups, three different types of doubloons, and 4-foot-long stuffed dragons.
They have a number of notable floats including the Dolly Trolley, the horse-drawn bus that was used in the opening of Hello Dolly with Barbra Streisand, the Smoking Mary which is a six unit float that looks like a steam locomotive, a Trojan horse and the Orpheus Leviathan Float, which is a three unit, 139-foot float, and the first Carnival float to use extensive fiber optic lighting.
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Fats Domino wass the honorary grand marshall for 2014. His eldest son, Antoine Domino III, rode in the parade and perform his 85 year old father's music.
In addition to Fats Domino, Quentin Tarantino reigned as the krewe's celebrity monarch.
Past celebrity guests have included:
- Sandra Bullock
- Glenn Close
- Whoopi Goldberg
- Stevie Wonder
- Vanessa Williams
- Laurence Fishburne
- Forrest Whitaker
- Quincy Jones
- Brad Paisley
- Dominic Monaghan
- Josh Hartnett
- Joan Rivers
- Josh Hartnett
- Gerald McRaney
- Delta Burke
- Anne Rice
- Toby Keith
- David Copperfield