- The Krewe of Nyx parade will start immediately after the Krewe of Ancient Druids.
- The krewe will start at the intersection of Magazine Street and Jefferson Avenue in New Orleans.
- The parade will proceed east on Magazine until Napooleon Avenue, where the krewe will turn north.
- The parade will stay on Napoleon until St. Charles Street, where the krewe will turn east.
- The Krewe of Nyx will follow St. Charles all the way to Lee Circle, around the circle and back on St. Charles northward to Canal Street.
- At Canal, the parade will turn east and proceed to Tchoupitoulas Street, where they head south.
- The krewe then heads to the intersection of Tchoupitoulas and Poydras Street, where the parade will end.
The Mystic Krewe of Nyx, founded in 2012 is one of the newest Krewe’s to parade in New Orleans Mardi Gras. It is an all-women's Mardi Gras Krewe, embracing women of diverse backgrounds.
Nyx (pronounced nicks) was the Greek goddess of the night, she was so powerful that not even Zeus dared to upset her. She was one of the most powerful goddesses in Greek Mythology.
The New Orleans City Council approved the Krewe to parade just three months before their inaugural parade. However, they were able to put together a parade that included 534 riders in that short time.
Local chef Susan Spicer will be the 2014 grand marshall of the Krewe of Nyx. Spicer owns Bayona in the French Quarter and Mondo in Lakeview
In 2014, Krewe of Nyx parades Uptown with 1,230 members.