NOTE: The date, time and route have not yet been confirmed for the 2016 year!
- The Krewe of Muses parade will start at the intersection of Magazine Street and Jefferson Avenue in New Orleans.
- The parade will proceed east on Magazine until Napooleon Avenue, where the krewe will turn north.
- The parade will stay on Napoleon until St. Charles Street, where the krewe will turn east.
- The Krewe of Muses will follow St. Charles all the way to Lee Circle, around the circle and back on St. Charles northward to Canal Street.
- The parade will turn southeast on Canal until it reaches Tchoupitoulas Street, where it will south.
- On Tchoupitoulas, the parade will proceed to the interesection of Tchoupitoulas and South Joseph Street, where the parade will end.
Organized in 2000, the Krewe of Muses is named after the legendary daughters of Zeus. In Greek mythology, muses were patrons of the arts and sciences, as well as sources of inspiration for artists, poets, philosophers, and musicians.
The parade has become one of Mardi Gras' favorites, thanks to its humorous and biting parade themes. Each year, in addition to their year-long philanthropic works, the Muses host a design contest for students in the area. The winner rides as a guest of the krewe and his or her design is turned into a throw cup!
In addition to allowing students to design their throw cup logos, they also have had children design their masks. Now those duties have been passed along to adults, such as senior citizens and other adults in rehabilitative environments that may have not been able to participate in the parade as parade goers.
Floats by Kern Studios »