- The Knights of Chaos parade will roll immediately following the Knights of Babylon.
- The krewe will start at the intersection of Napoleon Avenue and Magazine Street in New Orleans.
- The parade will proceed north until St. Charles Street, where the krewe will turn east.
- The Knights of Chaos will follow St. Charles all the way to Lee Circle, around the circle and back on St. Charles northward to Canal Street.
- At Canal, the parade will turn southeast on Canal and follow the road to Camp Street, where the parade will turn south.
- The parade will continue down Camp Street and end when it reaches Poydras Street.
According to Greek mythology, Chaos was the void out of which the universe and all its gods were created. In 2000, the Knights of Chaos filled the void created when the Knight of Momus stopped parading in 1992 after 100 years.
The 200 member all-male krewe parades on the Thursday before Fat Tuesday (traditionally known as “Momus Thursday.” Like Momus, Chaos presents a satirical parade. They never reveal the king's identity or the parade theme ahead of time.