- The Knights of Babylon parade will start at the intersection of Napoleon Avenue and Magazine Street in New Orleans.
- The parade will proceed north until St. Charles Street, where the krewe will turn east.
- The Knights of Babylon will follow St. Charles all the way to Lee Circle, around the circle and back on St. Charles northward to Canal Street.
- At Canal, the parade will turn southeast on Canal and follow the road to Magazine Street, where the parade will turn south.
- The parade will end at the intersection of Magazine and Common Street.
The Knights of Babylon were found in 1939, by a group of professionals called The Jeter’s Club that wanted to stage a first-class parade for the public. They continue that tradition today using floats with the same design that they used more than seventy years ago, still having flambeaux lighting the parade and their King’s float is still mule drawn. Each float in the Knights of Babylon parade is a chapter in the story being told.
The krewe consists of more than 200 knights. Their king, or Sargon, takes his title from the legendary Babylonian ruler, and the current king's identity is never revealed to the public.
Floats by Kern Studios »