NOTE: The date, time and route have not yet been confirmed for the 2016 year!
- The Krewe of Grela parade begins at the intersection of Stumpf Blvd. and Whitney Avenue
- They travel down Stumpf Blvd. until they intersect with U.S. Route 90 Business (West Bank Expy.
- The parade takes a right on U.S. Route 90.
- At Whitney Street, they make a U-turn on to the other side of U.S. Route 90 Business.
- The parade travels back down the other side of U.S. Route 90 Business unitl they reach Stumpf, where they veer left.
- They travel down Stumpf Blvd. until they reach Franklin Ave., where the parade veers right.
- The parade travels down Franklin Ave. until they reach Burmaster Street and make U-turn.
- The parade travels back down Franklin until reaching U.S. Route 90 again, where they veer right.
- At Dolhonde Street, they make a U-turn.
- They stay on U.S. Route 90 Business and follow it until they reach Huey P. Long Avenue.
- At Huey P. Long they take a left turn and follow the street to 4th Street where the parade ends
Founded in 1947, The Krewe of Grela takes its name from the comunity where the parade passes through, Gretna, LA.
It was the first krewe to hold a parade on the Westbank of Jefferson Parish on Mardi Gras Day and continues that tradition today. The krewe is comprised of 400 male and female riders, 27 floats and marching bands.