NOTE: The date, time and route have not yet been confirmed for the 2016 year!
- The Krewe of Endymion parade starts at the interesction of City Park Avenue and Orleans Avenue.
- From there they travel down Orleans Avenue to the intersection with N. Carrolton Avenue.
- They take a right onto Carrollton and take that street until it intersects with Canal Street.
- The Krewe travels down Canal Street through Mid City until they reach St. Charles Avenue.
- At St. Charles Avenue, they take a right and follow it until the intersection with Howard Avenue at Lee Circle.
- They take Howard Avenue until taking a right Loyola Avenue.
- There is a left turn on to Dave Dixon Drive.
- Their next turn is a left on to Liberty Street
- That is followed by a right onto Julia Street.
- They take a right on to Le Rouge Lane.
- There is another right on to Dave Dixon Drive.
- Their last turn is on LaSalle Street and into Champions Sqaure at the Superdome.
The Krewe of Endymion is one of the three Super Krewes. Super Krewes are defined by their stunning use of visuals and floats laced with brand new technology and celebrity Grand Marshals. Their parade has become one of the largest of the eighty parades during Mardi Gras. It is so popular that locals and those in the know begin saving their viewing spots in the early morning hours, even though the parade doesn’t happen until the evening.
Endymion gets its name from the figure of Greek mythology, the most handsome of men and the god of youth and fertility.
First parading in 1967, Endymion quickly emerged as one of Carnival's 'Super-Krewes' in 1974 with the inclusion of more floats and celebrity guests.
Past celebrity guests have included:
- KC and the Sunshine Band
- Suzanne Somers
- Captain & Tennille
- Kool & the Gang
- Fats Domino
- Tom Jones
- Dolly Parton
- Heather Locklear
- Roy Orbison
- Smokey Robinson
- John Goodman
- Steven Seagal
- The Beach Boys
- Chuck Norris
- David Schwimmer
- Emeril Lagasse
- Britney Spears
- Marisa Tomei
- Dan Aykroyd
- Kevin Costner
- Kelly Clarkson