NOTE: The date, time and route have not yet been confirmed for the 2016 year!
- The Krewe of Druids parade will start at the intersection of Magazine Street and Jefferson Avenue in New Orleans.
- The parade will proceed east on Magazine until Napooleon Avenue, where the krewe will turn north.
- The parade will stay on Napoleon until St. Charles Street, where the krewe will turn east.
- The Krewe of Druids will follow St. Charles all the way to Lee Circle, around the circle and back on St. Charles northward to Canal Street.
- At Canal, the parade will turn east and proceed to the interesection of South Peters Street, where the parade will take a right turn.
- The parade procedes until Poydras Street..
Established in 1998, the Ancient Druids take their name from the priest class of ancient Celtic societies who connected their people with the gods and nature.
The Ancient Druids are a parade-only krewe, they do not have a bal masque or traditional royalty. Their membership is limited to members of other Carnival organizations, and they will not permit more than 200 members. There is one traditon that the Druids observe, the complete secrecy of its members and its king, the Archdruid, whose identity is never revealed.