Note: The Krewe of Centurions' start time has been moved up 30 minutes to 6:30 p.m. on Friday.
- The Krewe of Centurions will begin at the intersection of Woodlawn Avenue and Eldorado Street.
- The parade will go east to Houma Boulevard, where it will turn north.
- At the intersection of Veterans Memorial Boulevard and Houma Boulevard, the parade will turn west.
- Before the Krewe of Centurions reaches Clearview Parkway, the parade will turn around on Veterans (near North Woodlawn Avenue) and use the westbound lane to go east.
- The parade will continue east until it reaches Severn Avenue, where it will turn north.
- The krewe will travel up Severn to the intersection of Severn and 12th Street, where the parade will turn around and head south.
- At Veterans Memorial Boulevard, the parade will once more turn east.
- The parade will follow Veterans all the way to Bonnabel Boulevard, where the parade will turn turn north once again.
- At the intersection of Bonnabel and Feronia Street, the krewe will turn around and head south to Veterans once more.
- On the final leg of the parade route, the krewe will travel east to the intersection of Veterans and Martin Behrman Avenue, where the parde will end.
The 350+ all-male Krewe of Centurions were named after legendary ancient Roman warriors who commanded “centuries” – companies of 100 men.
Founded in 1979 by businessmen from the Harahan – River Ridge area, the krewe paraded on Jefferson Highway for two year before moving to the Veterans Blvd. parade route in 1981.
The krewe is known for choosing themes that can be enjoyed by all age groups, and organizes family-oriented festivities throughout the year.