- The Krewe of Athena will begin at the intersection of Woodlawn Avenue and Eldorado Street.
- The parade will go east to Houma Boulevard, where it will turn north.
- At the intersection of Veterans Memorial Boulevard and Houma Boulevard, the parade will turn west.
- Before the Krewe of Athena reaches Clearview Parkway, the parade will turn around on Veterans and use the westbound lane to go east.
- The parade will continue east until it reaches Severn Avenue, where it will turn north.
- The krewe will travel up Severn to the intersection of Severn and 12th Street, where the parade will turn around and head south.
- At Veterans Memorial Boulevard, the parade will once more turn east.
- The parade will follow Veterans all the way to Bonnabel Boulevard, where the parade will turn turn north once again.
- At the intersection of Bonnabel and Feronia Street, the krewe will turn around and head south to Veterans once more.
- On the final leg of the parade route, the krewe will travel east to the intersection of Veterans and Martin Behrman Avenue, where the parde will end.
The Krewe of Athena Carnival Club, Inc. is the newest all-female Mardi Gras club in Jefferson Parish. The carnival group was incorporated as the Krewe of Athena Carnival Club, Inc. in March of 2014. Spearheaded by a group of Mardi Gras veterans, Athena was born out of the desire to create a Mardi Gras Krewe open to professional women from diverse backgrounds. The Krewe of Athena Carnival Club, Inc. exists to promote a sense of community through service, fellowship, and fun. The Mardi Gras club is also committed to preserving and celebrating the rich traditions of Mardi Gras by hosting a beautiful street parade and grand Carnival Ball.
The carnival club is named after the Greek Goddess Athena. Athena is the goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, just warfare, mathematics, strength, strategy, the arts, crafts, and skill. Athena was, perhaps, the wisest, most courageous, and certainly the most resourceful of the Olympian gods. Her tree is the olive, which represents peace, and the owl is her bird, which represents wisdom.