NOTE: The date, time and route have not yet been confirmed for the 2016 year!
- The Krewe of Olympia parade will begin at the interesection of North Columbia Street and Jefferson Street in Covington, Louisiana.
- The parade will follow North Columbia Street south until it reaches East Boston Street, where it will turn west.
- From East Boston, the parade will go southwest on South Jefferson Avenue.
- At the intersection of South Jefferson and East 15th Avenue, the krewe will turn northwest and follow 15th.
- On South Taylor Street, the parade will turn towards the northeast and proceed until it reaches at West 23rd Avenue.
- On 23rd, the parade will turn southeast and venture back down to North Jefferson Avenue.
- From North Jefferson, the krewe will go back to East 21st and go east.
- The parade will end where it began at the interesection of North Columbia Street and North Thread Street.
The Mystic Krewe of Olympia was formed in 1965 by a group of northshore businessmen that wanted to bring a New Orleans style parade to the northshore community so that the rural residents who may have never seen a parade could see one without having to travel across the lake.
The Krewe parades through Covington in the evening two Saturdays before Fat Tuesday.
Floats by Kern Studios »