NOTE: The date, time and route have not yet been confirmed for the 2016 year!
- The Krewe of Lyra parade will begin at the interesection of North Columbia Street and Jefferson Street in Covington, Louisiana.
- The parade will follow North Columbia Street south until it reaches East Boston Street, where it will turn west.
- From East Boston, the parade will go southwest on South Jefferson Avenue.
- At the intersection of South Jefferson and East 15th Avenue, the krewe will turn northwest and follow 15th.
- On South Taylor Street, the parade will turn towards the northeast and proceed until it reaches at West 23rd Avenue.
- On 23rd, the parade will turn southeast and venture back down to North Jefferson Avenue.
- From North Jefferson, the krewe will go back to East 21st and go east.
- The parade will end where it began at the intersection of North Columbia Street and North Thread Street.
The Krewe of Lyra is a coed social networking organization and Mardi Gras Krewe based on the Northshore. They were founded in 2010, originally as an all-women organization but became coed in 2013.
Lyra’s official call “Long Live Lyra” is answered with the response “La La La Lyra!”
The Krewe's mission is to positively assist the lives of people affected by mental illness. They have created an alliance with NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) and participate in similar functions within the community.