- The Krewe of Freret parade will start at the intersection of Napoleon Avenue and Tchoupitoulas Street in New Orleans.
- The parade will proceed north until intersecting St. Charles Street, where the krewe will turn right.
- The Krewe of Freret will follow St. Charles all the way to Lee Circle, around the circle and back on St. Charles northward to Canal Street.
- At Canal, the parade will turn left and follow Canal Street to University Place, where the parade will turn around and proceed on the opposite side of Canal Street southeastward.
- The krewe will follow Canal until the interesection with Tchoupitoulas Street where the parade will turn left.
- The parade follows Tchoupitoulas Street to the intersection with Henderson Street before coming to a conclusion in front of Mardi Gras World.
The Krewe of Freret is a New Orleans based co-ed krewe that with a focus on preserving Mardi Gras tradition, supporting local businesses and conducting service events that benefit the city.
The Krewe of Freret is not a new krewe, they paraded for more than 40 years until the mid-1990’s. 2014 was their first Mardi Gras parade since the 90’s.
They parade down the traditional Uptown parade route down St. Charles Avenue. Originally the krewe paraded down Freret Street behind the Loyola Field house, which is now the gym/parking garage. The original Krewe was captained by Nash Barreca, with the den located at his family’s Freret Street restaurant, Frank’s Steakhouse.
The resurgence of Krewe Of Freret started in 2011 with seven Loyola graduates who “lamented the notion of squandering hard earned money to join a formal krewe where they knew virtually no one and would have limited input.” Instead of joining an existing krewe, they decided to form their own and provide New Orleans with a world class Mardi Gras parade.
Floats by Kern Studios »