- The Krewe of Chewbacchus starts at the corner of Press St and Royal St.
- It parades west down Royal for a block, and then turns left onto St. Ferdinand.
- The krewe then follows St Ferdinand south until it turns right onto to N. Peters St.
- At the end of N. Peters St, the parade momentarily goes left down Elysian Fields Ave and then right down Esplanade Ave, until making a right to head north on Frenchmen St.
- Then, the krewe follows Frenchmen until it reaches St. Claude, where it takes a right.
- The parade will continue down St. Claude until it reaches Poland Ave, where the parade ends.
The Intergalactic Krewe of Chewbacchus is a Sci-Fi themed Mardi Gras themed parade, as well as a self-described satirical space cult! The krewe has 900 members. This year, Chewbacchus fans rejoice - Chewbacca himself, Peter Mayhew, and Andy Richter from the Conan Obrien Show will be joining the festivities.
This years theme is "Cult of the Sacred Drunken Wookiee" and the parade will feature a 11 foot tall golden effigy of Chewbacchus himself. It will consist of roughly 100 parade contraptions which are either pushed, pedaled, or pulled and are built onto bicycles, homemade trailers, and shopping carts. Chewbacchus believes that green parades are the “Future of Reverly” and does not use internal combustion engines to power floats. The mad scientists who engineer the krewe’s contraptions have found clever ways to build amazing floats that don’t require petroleum products.
The Krewe of Chewbacchus also makes all of its own throws and has created hundreds of elaborately decorated bandoliers, bean bags, Frisbees, stuffed animals, and even developed a method for casting their own custom bead medallions.
They only have only three simple thematic rules regarding costumes and parade contraptions:
- No unicorns (unless they have rocket thrusters)
- No elves (unless they are cyborgs).
- Whinebots will be airlocked into the nearest Black Hole.