- The Krewe Of Chewbacchus parade starts and ends at Castillo Blanco LLC on 4321 Saint Claude Avenue.
- The parade travels down Saint Claude to Franklin Ave.
- The parade takes a left on Franklin Ave. towards Decatur.
- Next, it takes a right onto Decatur and heads towards Frenchmen St.
- Then, the route takes a right onto Frenchmen.
- The parade travels down Frenchmen to Dauphine Street.
- The parade takes a right onto Dauphine Street to Poland Avenue.
- The parade then takes a left onto Poland Avenue where it travels back to Castillo Blanco LLC.
The Intergalactic Krewe of Chewbacchus is a Sci-Fi themed Mardi Gras themed parade, as well as a self-described satirical space cult! The krewe has 900 members. This year, Chewbacchus fans rejoice - Chewbacca himself, Peter Mayhew, and Andy Richter from the Conan Obrien Show will be joining the festivities.
This years theme is "Cult of the Sacred Drunken Wookiee" and the parade will feature a 11 foot tall golden effigy of Chewbacchus himself. It will consist of roughly 100 parade contraptions which are either pushed, pedaled, or pulled and are built onto bicycles, homemade trailers, and shopping carts. Chewbacchus believes that green parades are the “Future of Reverly” and does not use internal combustion engines to power floats. The mad scientists who engineer the krewe’s contraptions have found clever ways to build amazing floats that don’t require petroleum products.
The Krewe of Chewbacchus also makes all of its own throws and has created hundreds of elaborately decorated bandoliers, bean bags, Frisbees, stuffed animals, and even developed a method for casting their own custom bead medallions.
They only have only three simple thematic rules regarding costumes and parade contraptions:
- No unicorns (unless they have rocket thrusters)
- No elves (unless they are cyborgs).
- Whinebots will be airlocked into the nearest Black Hole.