Uber Implements New Mardi Gras System
Planning to hang up your car keys this Mardi Gras? We don’t blame you! From road closures to parking pains (not to mention all the pedestrians) who needs the hassle? But you will want to be prepared because this Mardi Gras, New Orleans is changing things up a bit when it comes to Uber.
- Be on the right side of the street closures before you request a car.
- Check Surge Prices – you’ll see the total cost of your ride before you request the Uber so there are no surprises when the ride is over. Fares go up and down based on number of people requesting rides
- Split the fare. You can split the costs with your krewe.
- Confirm your driver! It’s always important to confirm you’re getting in the right car – double check your driver’s license plate and car model in the app before you get in.
- Cleaning fees are real! According to Uber these fees can range from $25 - $200.
Hope you find these #protips helpful so you can let the good times roll without any worry. Need more info? Get the full scoop straight from Uber.